" There is multicystic encephalomalacia of large portions of both cerebral hemispheres with multiple cystic spaces and gliotic strands replacing large portions of the cerebral hemishpheres. (so NOW we have cerebral hemispheres!!!!!! ) The anterior and medial temporal lobes, thalami, and basal ganglia are relatively spared! ( He now has temporal lobes, thalami and basal ganglia!!! whatever those are LOL) The brainstem and the cerrebellum are grossly within NORMAL LIMITS in appearance!!!!! " I am BAWLING GUYS!!! So not only does he have a FULL cerrebellum but it is NORMAL! and he has WAY more brain than he had in June! GOD IS ABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And again I say GOD IS ABLE!!!!! I give ALL GLORY , HONOR, and PRAISE to the KING of KINGS and LORD OF LORDS for this creative MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, we have NOT talked to the Neurologist about this. We have an appointment to see him on April 28th. HE is the one that gave us the CRITICAL prognosis. NOW, I am thinking, and the pediatrician is thinking that the above just MIGHT change that prognosis! I am TRYING not to go hog wild till I hear the brain doctor say for sure what this means for Jeremiah but I am over the moon with excitement that the God of heaven and earth chose to perform a creative miracle on MY BABY :) and I got to witness it! :)
Our Pediatrican is the bomb and she was so amazingly sweet and excited about what all it showed today! :) It is so nice to know she cares :) I think that her entire outlook will be a bit different now. Granted even if no brain had ever grown and his function never improves he has value and deserves the best love and care he can get! Nothing really is changing as far as how we view him or treat him other than I can't pick him up without bawling in thankful prayer at this point! LOL I do hope that it wll set the minds of some at ease that the lethargy was the "this is it" time for him. On that note, the pediatrican last tuesday lowered his depakine seizure medicine by 12 percent and today retested the level to see how it looks today. We should know more later. I will say that he as been more alert each day and it defintily has made a difference! :) So thankful someone finally listened to my "testing" and gut feelings. Well they just called and now the level is too low. BUT since we are not seeing seizure activity and he is doing good to leave the dose as is till we see NEURO on 28th. PRAYING hard that he does well.
I LOVE that he is more alert and doing so good with that! In PT yesterday he was moving the gait trainer all by himself. The pt would move his feet forward and then he would push off and push it forward :) and when he did he would SMILE so big! I said then "I THINK THERE IS MORE GOIN ON IN HIS HEAD THAN THEY THINK! He really seems to enjoy it when we help him do stuff! Well guess the MRI shows that to be true :) I am anxious to go to our NEURO appointment now that we have this informatio to share and see what he thinks it means for Jeremiah long term :) Also the Pediatrician got ahold of a Pediatric GI in a town a few hours away that someone at therapy recommended. She spoke with them about Jeremiah and is making a referral for us to go see them. I am AFRAID to go after what happend with last GI but thanks to my dear friend Lora's hubby I am armed with a bit more knowledge of what to discuss, what needs to be happening as far as Jeremiah and his GI needs and also I will refuse any type of intrusive exam at this point. I will keep yall posted on when we are going. Please continue to keep all of us in prayer :) And pray that this MRI means that the "critical" prognosis will be changed now! :) Even if its not it is still a HUGE miracle that there is bran now where there was no brain!!!
my sweet Jeremiah today waiting for Speech/Feeding thereapy :)
My sweet panda boy in speech at the house :)