Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone; but, still miraculously, my own.
Never forget, for a single minute you didn't grow under my heart, but in it.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meet me in the Stairwell!

Meet Me in the Stairwell



You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11th, 2001.



Neither will I...



I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say "Good-bye." I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, "Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK...I am ready to go."



I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.



I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. "I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!" I said. "Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now."



I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.



I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.



I was in Texas, Kansas, London. I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?



I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me...Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor.



Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; "Come to Me...this way...take my hand."



Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there.



I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?



September 11th, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you.



But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are "ready to go."



I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.



Remember: I love you…

God



Written by: Stacey Randall


I saw this on my friend Renee's blog and I snitched it! I did tell her I was doing so in her comments and am linking yall to her blog too. I just couldn't NOT put it here! I have a post on my heart to share and ask advise and questions and things but TODAY is NOT the day for that. I will wait.

May God touch the lives today of those still struggling with the events of that day.  May HE Father the children born after their Father's were killed.  May HE bring peace to those who STILL are afraid, who still remember that fear, and still have confusion.  May HE remind us all what we felt that day when we get upset over silly things.  Be grateful for each person in your life, because you just never know.  And if you do not yet know the Lord, think about if you had been in that stairwell, would you have wanted Him then?

3 comments:

On Purpose said...

Hello Tami, thank you for inviting me to pray with you. It's been awhile since I have visited your blog! Lifting up praise to Him right now for your family. Knowing God will continue to be your Provision!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I'm glad you snitched it!! I thought it was so wonderful!!!

Mom Of Many said...

Hey sweet friend,

Yes! We pastor a Foursquare church in Durango, Colorado. Dw, my husband, actually was a supervisor when we pastored in VA. He was in charge of Virginia and West Virginia. We have pastored Foursquare churches in Virginia, North Carolina, and here.

Fun to meet someone who knows what I'm talking about.

Oh...Dw was also on the committee of 12 who interviewed all the candidates when we had to vote about 8 years ago...and that's the election that Jack was elected!

Small world, huh?

Blessings to you from Durango!

THE WAIT FOR NOAH IS OVER!!!! November 3, 2007~September 8, 2008 First heard about Noah~Noah in our Arms!
AND NOW THE WAIT FOR JEREMIAH IS OVER TOO!!!
April 1, 2009~ June 7, 2010 First committed to Jeremiah~Jeremiah in our Arms!

The FIRST Picture we EVER saw!

The FIRST Picture we EVER saw!
Noah WesLee 5 months old

The First Picture we ever saw of:

The First Picture  we ever saw of:
Jeremiah Harold Sisemore ~1 year


Kisses in the Wind

KISSES IN THE WIND
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.


May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I sent to you each night.


When Love Takes You In!