Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone; but, still miraculously, my own.
Never forget, for a single minute you didn't grow under my heart, but in it.

Monday, September 8, 2008

We've Got Noah!!!!!!!!

I cannot even begin to express the feelings that I have at the moment and that have coursed through me this day! We have Noah! I am crying just typing those words! God is soooo good! I can't believe it! This has been such a long and at times very difficult journey and even more so now I can say so incredibly worht it!!! Of course I knew that before today but I know it even more now that I have my son, I have held him so and have rocked him to sleep for the first time! :) We did not get to meet the birth mother though there were two social workers who have worked with Noah's birhtmother from the begiinning and they came to say Goodbye to Noah, take some pictures with him and send a gift of 2 outfits home with us! I will ALWAYS have those outfits to show Noah that his birthmother sent them to him! It was an amazing day in so many ways. I got to be present as Jeff saw Mrs. Lucy for the first time and to watch so much of their special day :) Jackie and I will forever have a close bond in that we spent this time together :) We rode in a cab seated side by side on the longest cab ride of my life! The ride to my son! :) Y'all I cannot express to you how beautiful Noah is! WOW! He looks like a china doll! We had a slight delay because the social workers were with him but when they did bring him there was no warning, I just happen to be looking and bam there they were in the doorway! I IMMEDIATELY burst into tears! I dont think camera's or anything were even going at that point because we had no clue they were coming right then. Jessica was not even in the room :) heehee she came rushing in as did Jeff I belive to try and get some photos :) It is such an amazing feeling to have my baby, my panda boy with me FOREVER! No more kisses in the wind I can kiss him right here all I want. Please be praying for Noah. He is doing ok but he is definitly scared and he cries and I cry. It hurts so much to see him in fear and pain like that. I know he has NO CLUE what is going on. At ST. Lucy center he cried on and off and sometimes really loudly and just heartwrenchingly. He did let me feed him some so that was very good! :) When we got in the cab to head back to the hotel he did not cry. He was such a big boy! :) VERY CURIOUS about what was goin on and then on the way I got to hear him speak!! I dont know how to spell the sounds he made but the Nannies had told me he could say the word for car! He was watching cars out the window and saying that sound! :) Once back at hotel I tired to put Noah down to play with some toys and he cried! He wanted me to hold him!!!!!! I was so blessed by this! He will let bobby hold him but seems to prefer me at this point and I feel bad but if he had to choose one over the other since Bobby will eventually go back to work and I will be home with him it is good it is this way :) He did actually reach for me once when Bobby had him and I put my hands out after coming back in :) I was also very blessed to be taken down to peak into the nursery. They showed me the nursery Noah went into when he came to St. Lucy's from the hospital and then the Nursery he is in now. They said they would hold Breelyn (Chia-Ling) up at the window for me to see. Well, when I was down there, one of the Nanny's brought her OUTSIDE!!! :) I was able to touch her and talk to her and they told me about her and all :) It was an awesome experience! We have prayed for her since 2 days after we saw Noah's picture and said we wanted him and they sent her picture asking if we knew anybody. I feel such a bond with her! Holli she is a doll and taller than she appears in pictures to me anyway! You better get ready girl cuz they said she can climb out of her crib! :) heehee It was so nice to hug Sweet Peach and another Nanny I dont know her name and mei chung the interpreter. I so was trying to share with them my gratitude!! I also was able to send the gift to Su-Mei with the social workers and send word to her that we love him and thank her so much. I mean how on earth do you thank people for your child? Wow! When we got to the hotel just a bit after we got in our room, the front desk called and said they saw us come in with a baby and would like to bring some things up to us for the baby. I asked how much and they said nothing, it is for free. So 2 very sweet ladies came in and brought us a crib and a baby tub and a kneeler for me to kneel on when I bathe him!!! It was so kind of them :) They were oohing and ahhing over him :) I loved it :) I did not know if we would use the crib as we are fine with him sleeping with us but after I had rocked Noah to sleep I needed to use the restroom so badly so we layed him down in crib and he stayed asleep :) and is still resting there finally! The beginning of his sleeping he would cry in his sleep. He has been through so much. Poor little man. Anyway, I know you are so waiting so here is the slide show of GOTCHA DAY pics! :) Now there are a couple on the slide show from last night from the night market and such and when I flooded the bathroom at 2AM! :) heehee


Noah my sweet Panda Boy! Mommy is so thrilled to sit here and watch you sleep before my eyse :) I love you so much little man! We FINALLY have you!

20 comments:

William's Family said...

Awwww... Tami... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I woke up this morning and was torn between feeding the kids at 6 a.m. and reading about Jackie's and your meeting days. So I did both at the same time. And wow... I am just thrilled for you and your new family. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Can you believe you finally have your baby? Praise God.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tami. What an awesome moment.

Ruth said...

Congratulations!! I am sure you are thrilled and exhausted all at the same time!! God bless you all!! Enjoy the rest of your trip & safe travels home.

Rita Andrews said...

Oh Tami, this is the most amazing thing to wake up to.....a new FOREVER FAMILY! God Bless you and your whole new family! Noah is just beautiful!!! I pray you continue to have a fantastic time bonding with your son!

Rita
RR

June Berger said...

YEAHHH!! Praise God you are with your son! How beautiful he is! I'm so happy for you all. Praying for a smooth transition for Noah.

Tisra said...

Congratulations on this BIG day. I pray you see Noah change into a secure, happy child before long and that you are able to stay calm and rested. The REAL journey begins now.

looneytunes32 said...

Congratulations!! oh, is he ever CUTE!!

Staci said...

Congratulations on finally getting your sweet panda boy!!! :)

BarbC said...

Whoo Hoo! Bill and I are loving this! I read the post to him.. with my voice cracking and tears rolling... and we watched the slide show... we are both thrilled for all of y'all. Noah is as beautiful as ever... and I have no doubt all his fears and uncertainty will disappear quickly once he is HOME and settles in to the family God has for him. Remember.. Perfect love casts out fear... and the love God placed in your heart for Noah is perfect!

Love you! Barb

The family of six said...

Tami - congraulations! I love your slide show! I am so emotional reading your post and seeing the pictures of you with Noah at St. Lucy's. It is a beautiful thing. I'm so happy for you and Noah!

The Dobbers said...

Congrats Tami!!! That is so awesome.

I was wondering if you received our package in time and if you were able to deliver it to Chung-Yu.

Praying for you!

Expecting Good Things said...

Tami,
yay!! How sweet! Noah is such a sweetie and I'm so happy to see him with his Mommy and Daddy. Thank you for the info on Breelyn. I read it like 10 times. Can't wait to hear all the tiny details. Can't wait to see more of little Noah. :) Holli

Anonymous said...

Tami!! We are so excited for you!! I can see the pain in your eyes when he cries. Nothing like momma's love. But I see as he went with you he is opening up and I know this will be such a wonderful blessing to all of you :) Just remember when it is hard what wonderful opportunities little Noah will have because of you and Bobby! Things he would never have if he were to remain in Taiwan. I showed Aaron and Caroline pictures of Noah and they oohed and aahed. He is such a big boy and so handsome! He looks healthy and very responsive, what a blessing. I still have a big bag of things for him I want to bring him. We can't wait to see Noah when you get home!

Mamapierce said...

Congratulations! hen hao! :o)

Our Family said...

Tami,
Congratulations!! Noah is such a handsome boy and looks like a big boy. I am so happy for all of you and so glad that he is already bonding so well. I hope your flight home is uneventful and that you have a smooth and happy transition period! Love, Lori

momwithfaithandhope said...

Congratulations Tami!!!! You look so beautiful and so happy with adorable Panda Boy in your arms! Sorry fo rthe delayed post - now that I'm mom to 2, getting on the computer is a bit tough!!! Enjoy your trip! Praise The Lord! Hallelujah! Tiff

orphans4me said...

I am bawling, this is sooooo wonderful, Tami. I think the fact that your journey has been full of so many difficulties just makes this day all the sweeter. When they handed him to you, the tears just started running down my face. Congratulations just does not say how strongly I feel about this.
Love and prayers, Joy

R... said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting day! So glad you're finally together. Some of your pictures take me back!

R...

Sarah k said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!!! Is it just me or does he look bigger???
He is so cute, handsome, and healthy!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it!!! I am crying too!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am speechless to apoint over here!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy that you finally have your little boy in your arms Tami!!! Congratulations and I am praying that all will go as Noah makes the transition to your home.

THE WAIT FOR NOAH IS OVER!!!! November 3, 2007~September 8, 2008 First heard about Noah~Noah in our Arms!
AND NOW THE WAIT FOR JEREMIAH IS OVER TOO!!!
April 1, 2009~ June 7, 2010 First committed to Jeremiah~Jeremiah in our Arms!

The FIRST Picture we EVER saw!

The FIRST Picture we EVER saw!
Noah WesLee 5 months old

The First Picture we ever saw of:

The First Picture  we ever saw of:
Jeremiah Harold Sisemore ~1 year


Kisses in the Wind

KISSES IN THE WIND
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.


May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I sent to you each night.


When Love Takes You In!