Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone; but, still miraculously, my own.
Never forget, for a single minute you didn't grow under my heart, but in it.

Saturday, September 6, 2008


Just a quick note to let all know we made it safe FINALLY to Taianan Taiwan! :) We left Thursday at 2 on the plane from Shreveport and entered our hotel room at 1pm Taiwan time Saturday Afternoon! For those at home that is midnight friday night! So that was 34 houors door to door! We have been to St.Lucy Center to take pics outside. Now THAT was an experience. We hired a car from hotel so we could make a dry run and have the same driver take us monday. After almost getting in a wreck SEVERAL times! He FINALLY found it! My first THREE plane rides were quite something. Lets see plane number 1 out of shreveport almost killed the whole deal. I am already crying in fear and all and turn a corner into the tiniest plane I have ever heard of. Tiny in width. VERY narrow. Looked like goin through the lead in a pencil! Mrs. Claustraphobia about freaked! Inside a war began with myself of "I CAN:T DO THIS, I HAVE TO DO THIS! It was rough. Once we got seated and all it did not feel quite so bad as walking down that narrow plane with a seat on each side. eeek I was so scared yall. I can't even explain the fear that rose up in my chest as the plane took off. I prayed in the spirit and then I LITERALLY sang softly praise songs the entire one hour flight unless I had to answer Bobby with something. Tears coming on and off mainly when the plane shook! The other thing is headache dizzy and very sick to stomach :( not fun but I lived! Once we laned I was like I DID IT! :) heehee God is so amazing! I COULD NEVER HAVE done that without God! So then I thought ok, I got to do this again. Plane 2 was the flight from Dallas to San Fracisco. Longer flight now. Little over 3 hours. We had a layover in dallas so that kinda calmed me down and it was fun in DFW airport and all so we enjoyed that. Well, then time came to board the flight and I got so scared again! UGGH what is wrong with me. I have done it once why am I so fearful. So I cry all the way on the plane. This one is about double the size of the first one. Now granted that it was a little plane but compared to the shreveport one it was much better :) The nicest thing about this plane ride was one particular flight attendent took a real interest in me and Bobby had shared it was my 2nd flight ever and only a little bit after gettin off flight 1 and she was intersted in Noah and all that. Bobby and I had Gotcha Day tshirts on so we brough lots of attention the entire trip :) She and this whole flight crew the most! :) Anyway so that part was very nice. I did better overall with fear on this flight unless there was bumps and turbulance. I kept telling myself turbulance was potholes and bumps in the clouds! heehee but it wasnt working. Anyway i had the really bad ill feeling at takeoff and again at the beginning of decent but not as bad the rest of th etime. Ne issue came up. My legs go to hurtin and feeling so strange and turned bright red! It was a little over 3 hour flight and I was in tears because of my legs by the end of it. So then I began worrying about my legs on the next leg. I had the San Francisco to Taiwan fligh to go still and it was to be 15 and half hours! EEK So I was nervous. We had a very long layover in San Francisco too and had to wait in a line for over an hour to get checked in for Eva flight. Then we waited andwaited. We boarded the plane and walked through the doors adn I was like WOW! :) It was amazing! :) You can't even imagine :) Then the flight attendant leads us to our seats! They were the first row in elite class (THANK YOU TODD!!!!!) Amazing seats with tons of room and just comfort galore. A quilt and pillow awaited each of us. Now I am still tryin to figure out how to take home a quilt and pillow on the way home! heehee :) They chairs reclined some and like a reliner had where legs could go up, but not all the way which would have been helpful but this was better than nothing. This flight was the best and the worst all wrapped into one. First of all the sheer fact of me trapped on board that length of time was not good. There was some scary scary turbulance too though not really bad bab but one in particular I did not think I would be able to calm down from it scared me so bad. But they had these monitors with things to do, though none of hte movies worked. most were rated a way I was not interested. and they had no christian music which was a bummer nor any country, though I did have some fun listening to elvis and some olides :) They fed us a supper meal at like 2 am! heeheee :) Taht was good. I had pork and rice and a roll. :) and then they fed us breakfast. I had scarmbled egges, bacon , tator tots, roll, a peice of ham , and 3 slices of orange! :) very yummy :) The service was great. They would walk through and hand you a glass of juice! Well, what they called glasses. LOL to me it was a small bowl! very strange :) anyway they were wonderful too us and I DID SLEEP. I actually tried to sleep as much as possibl to make time go faster and not think of how long the flight was. Now on the way back I wont be able to do that! cuz I will have NOAH! But he should keep me entertained :) Though then I will be worried for him. The funny thing is that I really enjoyed the flying and seeing stuff from the plane and all. If it was not for the turbulance I would be over the fear part but when it gets rocky fear rises in me and I hate it ugggh. The other thing is my body is just not good to me on the plane. I had dizzy and sick on and off throughout the flight and leg pain towards the end, but considering how long I am blessed it was not till the end! Anywas I am so in awe that God took me on 3 plane rides!!! :) I DID IT but I KNOW I could not have without him. I Sang ALOT when scared and I prayed ALOT! good thing on that last flight there were only a few people who could understand me anyway :) heehee I am nervouse about having to fly back later but it is ok. :) I will tell you as we were flying into Taiwan and getting closer to the ground and seeing things I got so emotional! I just kept saying THANK YOU JESUS over and over and when we touched down I lost it bawling. Bobby was like WHAT! It was a sence of relief that it was over the long journey was over and we are HERE! We are here to get my panday boy! I cried and cried in thankfulness. And yes part was that we were physcially here and the plane touched down safe but not just the plane ride the entire 10 months of fundraising and praying and working so hard all flashed to me at that moment that God did it! This was real and we were really here to get NOah! I cried and cried and I do EVERY time I think about it! :) I am definilty pregnant! heehee Bobby says at least wait till MOnday when you get Noah to cry! I figure I will then too! :) I was so hoping to run into my friend Jackie who was flying in 30 minutes after me but never did. Praying we meet up soon. Jackie if you are reading this let me know if you want to get together. ok, back to story. So we decide rather than take a Taxi to the the High Speed Train station we will take a bus when we see a sign that says a bus goes there. So we ride this bus and show up to pick up tickets and realize we were at the wrong station. They did not take me to Taipei but to the HRT close to airport. LOL but it all worked out and we were able to get on the exact same train we would have been on and so we rode it down to Tainan! :) Really enjoyed the train and took lots of pictures :) When we got downstairs at the Train Station there was the guy from Tayih Landis holding a sign that said MRS. Tami Sisemore! :) so neat :) so they took us to hotel. For those who have not travled yet I HIGHLY recommend you stay here if you pick up at St. Lucy's :) It is wondeful and they treat you like a queen. We are just liek overwhelemd with it all :) very very nice and wonderful people and all :) I am gonna go nuts waiting for Monday morning. I have had so much fun saying we get Noah THE DAY AFTER TOMOROW!!!! :) Well, my short note turned into a long letter. sorry guys! I could probably share more and more but Ill wait for now. I may post some pics later but at the moment I want to talk to my DD on IM :)

NOAH BABY BOY! We are HERE HONEY! Mommy and Daddy stood outside your orphanage today and it was so hard not to bust in and say let me hold my son! :) we were so close to you sweetie. Our hotel is not too far from you. Just rest sweet panda boy and know Mommy is so close and I am sending you kisses in the wind from the same town!


Sarah k said...

Hey sweetie.. YES I am first to write!!! LOL... WOO HOOO! YOU ARE THERE! I am so happy for you guys! I hope you have a relaxing weekend before you get that gorgeous little one! OH my... I cried when I read your blog when it got the landing in Taiwan. It is all such an emotional thing being there in your child's birth country! You are there to pick up your son! Your Noah... Cry all you want sweetie you worked hard to get there and get that little man! Soak it up and enjoy your journey sweetie! WE are following you and I can't wait to see you with Noah!!!!!
Sarah k.

William's Family said...

I am so proud of you for making it through those rough flights. How about that? Going from never flying on a plane to three in one day. You're a pro now!

We can't wait to follow the action when you finally hold Noah in your arms. Enjoy the moment!

Collin and Amanda said...

Praise the Lord!

I am so so happy and proud of you! You did great!

I can't wait to see you holding little Noah!


marina said...

Tami - I am so excited that you are there at the Landis! That is where I was! I knew you could do it! Good job - it sounds like you were incredibly brave. I hope you were getting up and walking around on the long flight - it helps with the legs. I can't wait - one more day! Keep posting!

The Becks Family said...

You brought tears to my eyes. You are TOO CUTE. I'm so happy that you were brave on the 3 flights. I'm not crazy about flying either. But, its an easy decision when it comes to our babies. Wow, outside the orphanage! I wonder what they would have done if you peeked in the windows. lol!! JK. I'll be checking your blog often!
Love, Holli
Breelyn Chia-Ling's Momma

Anonymous said...

Hey Tami...

You are finally here!

Just 2 more sleeps till you have your little excited for you!

Looking forward to seeing you with Noah!

~* Starr *~

Staci said...

Woo Hoo, you made it to Taiwan!! Congrats on making it through your first plane rides. Can't wait to see you with Noah! :)

Dolores said...

You did it!!! Prayers of gratitude for the whole thing, for you getting to Noah! God bless the rest of your trip!

lorabelle said...

You are so brave Tami!
Good for you and Panda Boy!!!
Going home will be easier, as you will be ready to get him home and probably wont even be bothered by turbulence or what have you... You will be just fine! I'm so happy for you!!!!!and very excited too!!!
Keep us posted.

Tisra said...



I am crying tears of joy for you and thanking God for the miracle of adoption, yet again!

waiting for referral (16 months)

Megan said...

You made it! On the way back you will be so busy with your angel Noah you won't have time to be scared of the flight LOL! You are so brave, it is impressive your 1st flight across the world on such an important mission! Can't wait to hear more!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Tami - You did it! You did it! Praise the Lord! Glad you're there, and may you have sweet dreams of Panda Boy. Watching you from home sweetie!!! Hugs, Tiff

schoolmother said...

Tami, Oh it is so good to hear from you IN Taiwan. That must have been tough dealing with all the flights but YES, YOU DID IT! I, too, felt so emotional flying into Caleb's country and realizing it was finally happening. You are so, so, so close to your little guy now. Praise the LORD!

Livin' out loud said...

we need pictures!!! As soon as you can get some up of course.....congratulations!!

Kay Bratt said... are almost at the finish line.

And I think I still owe you a book...??


THE WAIT FOR NOAH IS OVER!!!! November 3, 2007~September 8, 2008 First heard about Noah~Noah in our Arms!
April 1, 2009~ June 7, 2010 First committed to Jeremiah~Jeremiah in our Arms!

The FIRST Picture we EVER saw!

The FIRST Picture we EVER saw!
Noah WesLee 5 months old

The First Picture we ever saw of:

The First Picture  we ever saw of:
Jeremiah Harold Sisemore ~1 year

Kisses in the Wind

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I sent to you each night.

When Love Takes You In!